RE: [IP] Leaking Set - PS

  Were you at home today or at work when your insulin was
leaking?... Angela

I was at work.  I always have a couple of spare parts with me, or in my
drawer here at work.  In this case, all I did was replace the infusion set
from the quick disconnect forward.  A small bolus primed the couple inches
of fresh tubing and all was good.

I don't want to frighten you, but this is an eventuality that all pumpers
have to be prepared for.  This isn't the first time an infusion set has
leaked from the insertion needle hole.  More common is for the soft canella
to get tugged out of the infusion site and spit insulin out under the tape.
Fortunately, Humalog stinks to high heaven, and it's immediately apparent
when it's being delivered in the wrong place.