Re: [IP] claritin caution?

> << My 11 yr old son was just prescribed once a day claritin for
> allergies.  One web page stated it, "should be used with caution
> with people with diabetes mellitus". Also states that its
> effectiveness and safety have not been established in children under
> 12.  Anyone use it and how does it affect blood sugar?  PS.  We
> tried the nasal sprays with poor results. Kathy >>
Hi Kathy,

Our pediatrician has routinely prescribed Claritan for my boys since
a year or so after it came out as I recall. That has to be at least
5 years ago. Charlie is now 17 and Leo is 12. My younger daughter has
also taken as well since she was ..... maybe 10 or so. All suffer
badly from Spring allergies -- It works great for them. Lily doesn't
seem to be bothered by allergies so I can't give you any input for a
D kid.