Re: [IP] claritin caution?

<< My 11 yr old son was just prescribed once a day claritin for allergies.
One web page stated it, "should be used with caution with people with
diabetes mellitus". Also states that its effectiveness and safety have not
been established in children under 12.  Anyone use it and how does it affect
blood sugar?  PS.  We tried the nasal sprays with poor results. Kathy >>

Hi Kathy,

I take Claritin when I need it, so it's not every day.  Have never noticed an
effect on my BGs.  Also, I take half a pill because I'm sensitive to meds,
and that has been plenty to relieve my symptoms.  You might try cutting the
pill in half and see how it works for him.