RE: [IP] Freestyle Meter

On 13 Feb 2002 at 7:05, Kathy Bruckmeyer wrote:

> Hi Bill:
> Thx for filling me in on the freestyle.
> One question...can it do a readout on computer?  I know my endo has a
> program to read out accucheck but don't know about freestyle and she is a
> stickler for having that readout when I go to see her.

As with most new meters, yes, with an additional data cable you can download your Bg readings, and they do offer software for management.

> Also, do you know whether or not the mfg will allow you to try it and if you
> don't like it to return it???
> I just got a newer machine (the accucheck) for free from my dr. when I went on
> the pump.  Prior to that I had a very old monitor.

Returning it would be the depend on the policies of where you purchased it.  Most phamacies would have a policy against return of products that involve the use of blood,
not sure about policies concerning direct purchase from the company.   There are demos and a video at their website.  I received a free Freestyle from my doctor, but have
since switched to the Ultra.

<A href="http://www.therasense.com/index.asp">Therasense Freestyle</A>