[IP] blood pressure meds

Julie writes my PCP recommended Vasotec but when I read the side effects and noted acute renal failure.  Well Vasotec protects your kidneys. It is an ACE inhibitor Even if only one person in a group of thousands had acute renal failure they have to warn you. and why was the patient being given Vasotec? you have no clue. You do have some elevation in your BP and vasotec will be valuble in preventing further kidney damage. Once you get renal damage it does not go away. Diabeteds and hypertension are major causes of end stage renal disease. Go see a nephrologist, get your urine checked for microalbumin, get a creatinine clearance test. and an ultrasound of the kidneys before you go. bring all the results with you. see what the nephrologist recommends. I would have recommended Altace (Ramapril). medicine is too complexthese days to assume your pcp has the knowledge of a nephrologist. spot

email @ redacted

Do You Yahoo!?