Re: [IP] First step to pump

In a message dated 2/12/2002 2:39:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am so excited, I just scheduled an appointment for my daughter Nicole to
>  see Dr. Brosnan in Houston who has put a 4 year old on the pump.  She
> 3
>  next month.  Any advice for first appointments etc.?  I want to thank
>  everyone for their assistance and advice especially all the parents with
>  little ones!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!  What great news!  The best advice I have is to write down
your expectations from pumping (the good and the bad) and any questions you
have for the doc.  One other thing you could to do get a jump on things is to
contact the pump companies and ask them to send you their standard marketing
info (written info plus a video that tells about pumping in general and their
pump/s in particular).  that way you can start the process of deciding which
pump will best meet you and your child's needs and preferences.  There are
links to the wens sites of all the pump companies on the Insulin Pumpers web
site . . .

Happy Pumping!

Pumpmama to Katie (11)  Happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since