Re: [IP] sports & medic alert

> My 12yo takes Judo and her Sensai makes her take off her
> medic alert bracelet.  It rarely gets put back on afterwards.  I
> wonder if this is a common practice with teachers/coaches
> where a contact sport is involved.  He wouldn't allow a necklace
> either, of course.

This is TOTALLY a safetey issue. I practiced Aikido for several years and
my sensei didn't allow ANY jewlery. It can get caught up easily by the
other person and someone will get hurt.

I'd say as long as her teachers knows what's going on, and the medic alert
bracelet is closeby, I wouldn't worry. I used to leave my bracelet at the
front desk. Sometimes I would forget about it, but mostly I would just put
it back on.