Re: [IP] sports & medic alert

 It is common yes but not always a given. We have
found it depends on the sport/coach/organization's
policies. When my son (9 yrs) took Aikido at the YMCA
he was made to take it off. But not so with little
league baseball (past 3 seasons). My dtr. never takes
hers off for dance.

Some will say i am over-protective but i am really
uneasy about my kids not wearing medic-alert bracelets
all the time. Although my husband or myself currently
attend all sporting events, that may not always be
possible in future years, especially when they are out
on their own. I would rather they be wearing them all
the time, out of habit, just in case. I know all about
the possible risk of injury argument. But what about
the potential risk to our kids if they should have a
severe hypoglycemic episode and are not wearing a
bracelet? I can think of lots of scenarios where this
could happen without the coach/team-mates
knowledge...a trip alone to a water fountain, trip to
the BR across the field, etc.

> > My 12yo takes Judo and her Sensai makes her take
> off her
> > medic alert bracelet.  It rarely gets put back on
> afterwards.  I
> > wonder if this is a common practice with
> teachers/coaches where a
> > contact sport is involved.  He wouldn't allow a
> necklace either, of
> > course.

Do You Yahoo!?