Re: [IP] sports & medic alert

> My 12yo takes Judo and her Sensai makes her take off her
> medic alert bracelet.  It rarely gets put back on afterwards.  I
> wonder if this is a common practice with teachers/coaches where a
> contact sport is involved.  He wouldn't allow a necklace either, of
> course.

It is common. The bracelet can injure another person in a contact
collision. There are some "soft" bracelets available, or she can just
put it on, take it off, etc..... Lily never wore one until she went
away to college for just that reason. She was playing soccer almost
daily - year round and eventually just lost the bracelet.