Re: [IP] Severe Lows

> Do glucose tabs truly raise your sugar faster than lets say orange
> juice or what I normally use; smarties candies?? I've never used the
> glucose tabs, the smarties candys usually do the trick within 15
> minutes.
>
> Just curious,
>
> Michael

Sugar comes in a variety of molecular shapes. Only the simplest,
glucose, can be absorbed directly through mucus membrane, the rest
must go through at least minimal digetion to break down the molecule
to glucose. Glucose gel is probably the fastest with glucose tabs
VERY close behind -- has to mix with some fluid, but that doesn't
take long. Glucose gel or a chewed glucose tablet begins absorption
immediately as it comes into contact with the gums and cheeks as well
as other tissue inside the body as you swallow, etc...
Michael