Re: [IP] blood pressure meds

Vasotec and other ACE inhibitor blood pressure meds can cause acute renal
failure in people who have renal artery disease -- usually bloodwork is done
to monitor creatinine and urea when an ACEi is started, if they rise rapidly
it indicates renovascular disease, the ACEi is stopped and usually renal
function returns to baseline.  In people with no pre-existing renal artery
disease, ACEi's are protective for the kidney - even for those who have
normal blood pressure.