Re: [IP] blood pressure meds

>>>My PCP mentioned going on Vasotek, but then I read it can cause Acute
Renal Failure.  SO far my kidneys are good and I don't want to jeopardize
them. - Julie >>>

This is the first I have heard Vasotec not being good for the kidneys. Where
did you read that information? V is an ACE inhibitor and those (as well as
ARBs) protect 1/3-1//2 of DMers against kidney failure. I think your PCP is
correct, but if you have an endo, run this by him/her first. Jeopardizing
would come by NOT taking an ACE or ARB. (~_^)

DISCLAIMER:  This information is not intended to substitute for informed
medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a
health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified health care

If you always do what you've always done, you always get what you've always