[IP] Re: Diet Mountain Dew

Jeff wrote:

snip>>The second highest ingredient in Diet Mt. Dew, including
caffeine free, which is what I'm reading from, is concentrated orange
juice.  It does, indeed, say it has 0% carbs.<<

Hi Jeff,

If orange juice is listed in the ingredients, then by law, cannot
have more than a trace amount, less than 1 carb for the entire can.
If you feel it isn't accurate, you could pursue it with the FDA.
That's what I would do.  They are supposed to make sure ingredient
listings are accurate.  Companies can get away with a lot of false or
mis-leading advertising, like "Low-Fat" (low fat if you only eat one
serving which amounts to a tiny, tiny amount) or "chicken in every
bite" (no chicken at all in ingredient listing but something added to
taste like chicken).  There is no restriction on this kind of thing,
but they can't falsely list ingredients and nutritional count label
information.  I pay no attention to what the front of the product
says, but read the ingredient and nutrition labels.

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o pumping Noah, dx at age 9, and,
Micah, age 11
wife to Steve