Re: [IP] Severe Lows

<< I remember when I was taking my pumping classes and my CDE told me each
glucose tab raises the bg 20 points, as though it were a law. I think its
very much a YMMV thing.  >>

Hi JP,

I think your CDE was wrong.  I don't have a package in front of me, but I
*believe* that each glucose tab is only 5 g of CHO.  Therefore, most people
would need *three* tabs to make 15 g of CHO, which is the typical
recommendation for treating a low.  And when I'm super low, I need more like
30g of CHO to come up, around six tabs.