Re: [IP] Why Do I Do This?

I do the same thing too. It was explained to me by my diabetes educator,
that when we go low and our brains are deprived of glucose, we are
essentially incapable of making decisions. Meaning that even though we know
how to properly treat a low, 'when low the capability is diminished'.
I have even had a low one time so bad that I could not speak or make any
sense, and all the while, sitting right in front of me on the table was my
glucose tablets, the only problem was I had NO idea what they were for!
After the low was over I was stunned. So what I am saying I guess is that we
should not beat up on ourselves or feel guilty about our thought process
during hypos......I think it's out of our hands.