[IP] Pan Retinal Photocoagulation-PRP

Hi everyone,
We have a friend (on MDI) who is having PRP done this coming Monday.  We're
sure some of you have had this done, so what was it like, did it hurt, did
it help, any suggestions, comments, advise for her?  Did it improve your
She says the doctor told her he will "numb" the optic nerve by injecting an
anesthetic under the eye, she'll have a patch to wear for 6 hrs after the
laser treatment because the eye will be paralyzed and her vision will be nil
for the 6 hrs, may have an "ice cream" type of headache (if so, to take
Tylenol).  From reading about it, seems she may lose some peripheral vision
though she didn't mention this.
Please feel free to respond privately as we get the digest for messages:
email @ redacted
Thanks to all who clue us in so we can clue her in.
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)