Re: [IP] Novolog - Cold or Room Temp?

On 8 Feb 2002 at 21:41, email @ redacted wrote:

> I am in the process of switching my son from Humalog to Novolog...Does the
> Novolog have to be refrigerated at all times??  With Humalog I kept it
> refrigerated until I was ready to use it and then once opened I kept it at
> room temperature. Thanks, Lori

All insulins "require" refrigeration, but there are none that I know of that require it ALL the time.   Humalog is a bit more sensitive to the lack of refrigeration than Regular
insulin is, and I would presume the same of Novolog.  Best practice is to keep the insulin under refrigeration, taking it out to warm up before filling a syringe/cartridge, then
returning it to the refrigerator.

I have a question of my own.   What language is it that says "Butter Keeper", when we all know that it translates to  "Insulin Keeper"?        ;>)