Re: [IP] Need New Insurance

>Federal law addresses that situation. It's called the Kennedy-Kasselbaum
>Act. If you do not have a break in coverage (like through COBRA), your
>condition. However, there is no law saying that an insurance company is
>required to sell you a policy. That was addressed in the article I wrote
>for Diabetes Interview, "A Question of Coverage," (which also contained
>the URL for a Web site maintained by Georgetown University that details
>insurance laws in every state). Jan and Elvis

I checked into a "temporary insurance" policy for my daughter which stated
that they could exclude "pre-existing" conditions since they were a
"temporary insurance".  I found this interesting.  They said the law did
not apply to them.  This type of insurance is something you would get in
the interim between policy changes (it's not Cobra).