Hi Leo!
I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but I was while reading this message!  You
sound so much like I did when I first found out all the math I had to do!
(math is not one of my finer points in life).  Oh, I can add and subtract,
multiply and divide but when I have to figure out formulas, watch out!!!

But.....there are some very talented people on here who have helped me
immensely and now I can figure stuff out like a pro.  It just took my
finding out why I was doing this and that so that it made sense and now, my
fingers fly on the calculator...yes, I need a calculator or I'm lost!

Counting carbs?  It really gets easier as you go along as you get to eye
stuff and know how many carbs there are in them.  I usually save labels of
foods I eat often and put them in my carb counting book and refer to them.
It's ok to guestimate as long as you check and do corrections if you did it

Had to laugh at obit saying you "died because of math error"....hey, what
about the other insulins you used to be on?  There was always a chance of
od-ing on that stuff as well and not figuring stuff out correctly either...

Being D is not an easy thing but with the pump, life is much more easier!

As far as things going automatically, what you're looking for is the closed
loop which we are all anxiously waiting to be approved, come out on the
market and see how well it really does.

Until then, just think that you are no longer filling and shooting a
gazillion needles a year, no longer carrying around your insulin and
needles, alcohol pads and all the other glop that goes with it.

I know you have to test more often and believe me, my fingers are so calused
but it is so worth it!

I can't believe that I can actually leave a set in almost a week w/o having
to change it and have to keep checking to see where insulin level is cause I
can't believe it...what a difference!!!

And one of these fine days when I get all my numbers down pat, I'll actually
feel normal and whole!!!

Don't give up, stick with it and you'll adjust just like we all do!

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00