Re: [IP] Novolog - Cold or Room Temp?

> I am in the process of switching my son from Humalog to
> Novolog...Does the Novolog have to be refrigerated at all times??
> With Humalog I kept it refrigerated until I was ready to use it and
> then once opened I kept it at room temperature.

Any insulin or insulin analog will last longer if refrigerated and
all will produce more little bubbles if loaded into the syringe cold.
It's kind of a toss up. If you live where the ambient temperature is
mild ... under 80 most of the time, it probably does not matter one
way or the other. At around 70 degrees F, insulin loses about 1 to
1.5% potency per month -- not enough to worry about. If it is
refrigerated, this goes down to zip. If it's very hot you can destroy
it in a matter of hours and certainly days.