Re: [IP] Re: Do adult basals change?

>  I have a block on going above 1.0 for my basals.  I
> equate more insulin with more weight gain. (Just a hangup of mine.For
> me, the least amount of insulin, the better.)

Well for food boluses (boli???) you may be right. If all the basals and
ratios are correct then the less carbs you eat the less insulin you well
take and perhaps there will be a decrease in weight gain. But I don't think
that applies at all for the amount of insulin you take as basal. The correct
basal dosage is exactly what your body needs to maintain equilibrium
metabolism. If higher amounts of basal are required you should not expect
weight gain.