Re: [IP] Why Do I Do This?

> I just came back from a meeting where I started feeling symptomatic.
> Instead of doing something about it there (I did suspend), I put it
> off half an hour until the meeting ended.  By the time I got back to
> my office, my bg was 42, and I was shaking like a leaf.  Instead of
> doing something reasonable about it, I snarfed two jelly donuts that
> were in the kitchen! I'm still ravenous, even though my bg is
> (obviously) on the rise.  I could eat a car tire right now!  I know
> my bg is going to go into the 400-range. Anyone else experience such
> craziness?  How do you handle situations like this?

3 ea 5 gm glucose tabs will raise my 18 yo daughter's bg's about 70
points in 10 - 15 minutes. She does not snack but fixes the low as
soon as she detects it, rechecking after 15 - 20 minutes.

It's rare that she wants a snack after doing that and will only eat
one if it's late at night and she worried her bg's will come down