RE: [IP] Weight

Jennifer H wrote:
>>>Anyway, weight is a big issue for me, and I am depressed at this point. I
weigh about 155 and I like to be at 120 or less.  >>>

I'm sorry weight is such a big issue with you. We do not know you or see you
so this *image* may just be that - a big issue with *you*. How do others see
you? What body sizes do the other women in your family have (mom, sisters,
aunts, etc.)? Are you striving for a Barbie shape that isn't in your genes?
Sometimes we have to accept the body style that was meant for us and stop
badgering ourselves to be something that will never happen. We turn out
happier when we can accept ourselves.

I recall you mentioning once that you are concerned with the weight of one
of your daughters (8?y/o?). Is this non-acceptance being transferred to her
psyche as well? Often you'll see sisters who are not the same size - I went
to school with twins and one was very large and the other very small.
Neither one could do a thing about it.

Is your dh happy with your size? Starving yourself and not taking insulin
could certainly bring on an early demise - that'd cure the problem, but sure
cause problems for your family. That's not water weight you lost when you
did that, it causes ketones and your body burning your fat since you are in
starvation mode. Is it really worth the body damage to be *ideal* whether
true or in one's on mind? (~_^)

I don't have time to think about the things I can't do - I only have time to
think about the things I can't wait to do. ~ Joanne Slomski,
wheelchair-bound teacher