[IP] Re: Exercise and kids

email @ redacted writes:

> <<If she doesn't like team sports, what about something like dance
> classes?  (Not Ballet).
> just out of curiousity, why not ballet?
> chanie, mom to shifra, 4, pumping, who loves to run around the house in her
> tutu

Hi Chanie,  It was I who said (Not Ballet).
     Well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with ballet if a child enjoys
it.  Several of Claire's little friends went to ballet class, but I thought
it sounded very boring and rigid and not much fun. (On the other hand, Irish
dancing is lots of fun, to do and to watch).  I would think that a child that
tends to be on the stockier side of average and who doesn't like exercise
wouldn't find ballet much fun.  I really only wanted to mention that there
are other types of dancing classes out there for little girls, as ballet
seems so predominant.   I think all little girls love fluffy tutus, however!
Add to that a pink, fake feather boa and a tiara.  I've got a few photos!
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7