Re: [IP] boy scouts & diabetics

> Does anyone have opinions on how safe it is for an 11 yr old pumper
> to join the Boy Scouts with their monthly overnite camping trips
> etc? My son's diabetes can be fairly erratic and I still get up
> nightly to check his blood sugar.  I get nervous letting him spend
> the night at friends' houses- I can't imagine him out in the woods
> overnite.  Am I being overprotective or realistic? Any suggestions?
> Thanks.  Kathy

With a little scout-master education, this can be an excellent way to
help you son gain confidence in an environment where he feels on his
own but is really being watched -- maybe not as closely as at home,
but non-the-less with and adult hairy eyeball on him :-) I was very
pleased when my daughter first began overnights at around that age
and gained confidence with every one.