RE: [IP] bgs and infections

I have been plagued with a "lung
infection"--bronchitis/pneumonia?---since November. It became resistant
to antibiotics and subsequently took 5 different kinds of meds to get
rid of it...Finally, 875 Augmentin twice daily for 10 days--two
different prescriptions....got rid of it...I knew when it was going to
flare up again because I had huge increases in bg---75 to 400 in a few
hours with no food.  All of the bgs were sky high---took correction
boluses like crazy and upped my basals....ate no food....anyway, a
couple of days on meds and the sugars corrected themselves...
I didn't realize how much bg is affected by infections...