[IP] Re: Boy Scouts

My son went to Boy Scouts Camp 2 weeks after his initial diagnoses. It was the first decision we had to make about where he went or what he did that was influenced by diabetes.  I felt that if we said no it would be the start of letting this disease rule our lives.  We said yes, tried to get as prepared as we  could and let him go! It was a very long week for us, my son had a good time.  I thank the Boy Scouts for having the courage to include him on that trip.