Re: [IP] Need New Insurance

In a message dated 2/7/02 1:21:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Would you know of a web site with that law written out so I could print it
 >and send to them. Also I thought that Michigan just passed a law for
 >diabetic supplies and Meds. Thanks! Bob

 Yes, Michigan did pass a law, which went into effect March 28, 2001,
 requiring insurance companies to cover necessary supplies for diabetes
 care.   It's called Public Act 424 and Public Act 425 (which is for HMOs)
 and you might be able to do an internet search to find info on it. >>

The point, is, however, that the person Bob was asking about is about to lose
her insurance. The law only requires that insurance companies cover diabetes
supplies and education. If you don't have insurance, it don't count!

Jan and Elvis