Re: [IP] Chinese food - Success!

<< Pat Wrote: I don't understand why the dose of the squarewave bolus is
related to your
basal rates rather than to amount of food that you eat. Can you explain

I don't understand what the basal has to do with it either. I eat pizza and
chinese food once in awhile. I do a dualwave bolus which works well. I figure
my carbs, then my bolus that i need, then i do like 30% percent of that bolus
over like 6hrs. I never change my basal. that is news to me as well.  >>

Oh.  Maybe I misunderstood Pat's question.  I didn't change my basal rates.
Another member had said that she used her son's basal rates over 5 hours to
figure out the square wave dose.  (She added up what the basal rate was over
5 hours, then gave a square wave that was *half* of that.  I did a full rate,
not half.)  I decided to try it because it had worked for her son.  Worked
for me too.