[IP] Grrr.. Meter problems at 3:00 AM

I was a little low (55) last night before bed so I just ate a few cookies then conked out.  I know, I know, I should have stayed awake and tested, but I didn't.  I figured the baby wouldn't let me sleep long anyway.  I must have overcorrected the low, because when I woke up a few hours
later to test I was 297. So I bolused 6.3 units which should have brought me down around 120 or so. (It takes a lot to bring me down when I hit that high). Then I went to feed and change a cranky baby. I dozed off after getting him back to sleep, but when I woke up to test again at 3:00, I
dropped my AccuChek Complete in the floor. Normally if you drop it and the batteries or little chip falls out, it won't work for a few minutes.  But I checked both, turned if off and on several times, and it just wouldn't work. So I dug my back up out of the closet, put the other batteries
in it, and it didn't want to work either.  It had the old "temperature error" and the screen was flickering. Finally after turning it off and on a couple of times, it did work.  257. Six units only dropped me 40 points!! I bolused again.   Long story short, my set seems fine (even though it
is a day past changing now), my back up meter is working now even though the screen still flickers, and I have no idea why my numbers were so high.
Can lack of sleep make you rise?  I know stress can, so I wonder sometimes.  The baby is teething and I haven't had more than 2 or 3 consecutive hours of sleep in weeks and I have had several night time highs, even when I didn't eat anything odd.
I should have probably called the 1-800 number on the meter, but in a fit of temper I tossed it in the trash. It may have many things wrong with it now. :)

Just venting a little I guess, and wondering...does anyone have highs when they don't sleep well??

Sherry C.
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Whose low battery alarm just went off.... GRRRRRR