[IP] boy scouts & diabetics

YES you are being a little bit overprotective, however that should be
expected from a loving parent.  I remember when I went to spend the night
with a friend, my Mother was very nervous eventhough she didn't show it. My
Mom use to cry a lot!   The best thing that helped me develope my own
independence was going to Camp Seale Harris, a camp for diabetic children.
My Mom also cried when they left me there...  I thing the best you can do is
let the scout master know about his pump, how it works, and what to do in
case of lows, and there's always the cell phone.

They use to call this "cutting the apron strings".
Good luck and happy scouting.

<Does anyone have opinions on how safe it is for an 11 yr old pumper to join
the Boy Scouts with their monthly overnite camping trips etc?