RE: [IP] RE: Boy Scouts and dibetes

"However, when you are responsible for a child's well-being in many situations--lunch, P.E., playtime, etc.  Teachers feel totally unprepared to deal with a diabetic child.

 I understand that it appears that teachers just don't want another responsibility, but really I think that it is insecurity and fear."

**This WAS my point - that teachers DO deal with a multitude of issues - often without good supports. Many (probably most) thrive and rise above but for some kids they are put in a situation that is not ideal - and these are the situations that we read about weekly here on the boards.

Linda & Dax