Re: [IP] boy scouts & diabetics

My son is a Boy Scout and was diagnosed at age 14.
We were very nervous about his first couple of camping trips after being
At that time, he was on shots, and was good about taking care of testing and
giving himself shots.
He's never had a problem on the camping trips, and in fact, his BG numbers
were much better when he was away from home, and camping with his troop.
And it gives his self-esteem a boost, in that he is able to do the things he
enjoys, and is able to care for himself without those pesky parents.