[IP] diet mountain dew and high bg's

ok, here's a funny one that happens to me occasionally. it doesn't happen
often, but enough to make me wonder what's going on.  sometimes when i drink
a can of diet mountain dew, yes diet, the sugar free, no carbs, diet dew, i
get a jump in my blood sugar! when this happens, i look back at what i ate,
how much insulin i took, what my last bg was and how long ago, and i cannot
find ANY possible clue!!!  no other diet soda does this to me, and again,
it's only on occasion. has anyone else experienced a similar reaction?  i'm
sure there's a logical explanation, but i sure don't know what it is!

thanks!  also, thanks to all who responded to my plea for reassurance on my
first A1C.  it was much appreciated.

tom