Re: [IP] RE: Boy Scouts and dibetes

As a non-parent/outsider looking in - but one with somewhat of an informed view since I was a paid staff member for the Girl Scouts - it occurs to me that a child out with their scouting troop is probably in better hands than they are at school.

Why? (again based on observations here)
You have a smaller ratio of adults to kids, there will be several of those adults who have had first aid training (required of leaders), they are there because they WANT to be - and should be more open to learning of any special needs.

In school there seem to be many teachers (and also many total opposites) who are overwhelmed by overfull classrooms, who haven't had any first aid training, who don't want to deal with a child with needs pertinent to their diabetes care - and only do what they are forced/required to do.

So my 2 cents worth.

Linda & Dax - who have enjoyed camping together a few times (but not nearly enough)