Re: [IP] boy scouts & diabetics

Kathy Asked:

>Does anyone have opinions on how safe it is for an 11 yr old pumper to
> >join the Boy Scouts with their monthly overnite camping trips etc?

I was in Camp Fire when I was younger, and we went on an overnight camping
trip one summer.  My mom was nervous about it, but she let me go, after
talking to the group leader, and the nurse that was going to be with our
group.  (In our case, it helped that these two women were neighbors.)  My
mom also made sure that my group leader and the nurse had her telephone
number and she made sure someone stayed close to home, in case of an

I did had have a low blood sugar that night (from all the excitment and
stuff that we were doing, but my group leader was prepared, and the other
girls in my cabin all knew me long enough to know what I needed.  ("Hey,
give Jenn that bag of marshmellows!")

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424