[IP] RE: Dogs & Diabetic Fears

Thank you so much for all the imput. Believe me if I could have a dog where
I live I would.  While growing up we always had at least 3 dogs in the
house. Mainly because my mom showed Labrador Retrievers.  We had several
different breeds as well.  However I do have this story to add.  One morning
I woke up having a terrible reaction.  I don't know what I was doing, I
think trying to get to the kitchen to get something to eat.  However half
way down the hall way I remember throwing up in my hands, I guess I was
trying to get to the kitchen sink to clean up, but when I got there
everything became a blur.  I had passed out at the kitchen sink and hit my
head on the counter on the way down.  When I woke up on the floor sometime
later, it was because my moms Labrador Promise was licking my face.  While I
was out, my mom was in the shower, and Promise had gone into the bathroom,
barked franticly at her. My mom kept trying to shoe her out, when she kind
of realized, the dog was upset about something.  Promise took her into the
kitchen, where she found me on the floor.  Kind of cool.  I decided I wanted
my own dog after that, and chose one of Promises puppies to keep as my own.
Sadie however can't live with me now because of my living situation, and is
waiting patiently with my parents for me to get somewhere where I can have