Re: [IP] boy scouts & diabetics

In a message dated 2/6/02 12:44:31 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone have opinions on how safe it is for an 11 yr old pumper to join
> the Boy Scouts with their monthly overnite camping trips etc? My son's
> diabetes can be fairly erratic and I still get up nightly to check his blood
> sugar.  I get nervous letting him spend the night at friends' houses- I
> can't imagine him out in the woods overnite.  Am I being overprotective or
> realistic? Any suggestions?
> Thanks.  Kathy

My son is a cub and my daughter has D...we go on the camp outs as a
family....they are an amazingly helpful group including some nurse Moms that
take Mary off my hand for a bit so I can spend time with my son or
chillout.......I would talk with the leaders and them decide.....lots of
training to be a leader too......good luck!