[IP] Novolog being refused by insurance

Subject: Re: [IP] Novolog being refused by insurance

At 02:15 PM 2/1/2002, you wrote:
>I found out today that Kayla's insurance will no longer pay for Novolog.
>VERY aggravating since, for the first time since she started pumping, her
>numbers have been perfect thanks to Novolog.  Has anyone else had a
>problem with having an insulin prescription denied?  And if so, was there
>any recourse?
>mom to Kayla, 8yo, pumping 3+ years
Well, If you read your inasurance contract carefully you'll probably find
some reference to medicatiuons and/
treatments prescribed by a physician. If this clause is in the coverage
agreement and your doc prescribed  Novolog, your insurer must pay for it. If
they don't they have comitted a breech of the contractual agreement.