[IP] my continuing toe problem

i wrote a few weeks ago about a very red toe.  my foot doctor was completely
baffled, took x-rays which showed nothing, prescribed an antibiotic i took
for a week......no change.       he said to watch it and call if i noticed
ANY difference.      last week i noticed it getting a tiny bit more red,
called and he prescribed 500 mg. antibiotic once a day.     sunday when i
took off my socks, my toe was so red it was almost black....called first
thing monday morning, he asked me to come in immediately.  he numbed it then
used a needle to draw out fluid, not alot but some -- he was expecting to
find pus but there was nothing but blood.    i have another appointment with
him on friday.     does anyone have ANY idea what could be going on?      he
can't understand if it truly is an infection why i'm not responding to the
medication.  it seems to be worse on the side of the nail, but he found no
ingrown nail.