Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 22:18:56 -0700
From: "Jen Close" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Diabetic Related Fears

I belonged to this group a few years back, and just recently got connected
again. Information from this group can sometimes be invaluable. So I am
coming to you guys this time, asking for personal opinions or cases that may
be similar with mine. I have been a Type 1 Diabetic for 22 years, and am now
28. From the time I was legally old enough to be on my own I have had a
terror of living alone. I think part of it is instilled from my mother always
being over protective of me, but also feel that it is a very valid fear for
someone with this disease to have. I have had several run ins in the past
with people who just couldn't grasp where I was coming from. For example my X
Husband, and now my current boyfriend, both of whom are military. Thier jobs
take them far away sometimes, and I swear I will be fine with the idea, until
5 minuted before the actual departure, and then I panic. Maybe I depend on
other people to much to keep me in the corner of thier eye at all times.
Maybe I should see a shrink. Maybe its not normal. Please let me know what
you think on this topic, I could use some imput.