Re: [IP] Re: sugar busters/glycemic index of foods

In a message dated 2/2/02 10:49:10 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone have any tips for motivating a child to get out and walk(I
> go 3-4 miles a day and can tell the days I miss because my bg is not as
> smooth.)or ride a bike other than paying her money?

I too am worried about my girls.  We have started an exercise program at the
Y and I had them "set a goal" of what they want.  My 17 y/o wants a dwarf
hamster and my 14 y/o (who is very thin) wants a bikini.

We will be "writing up a contract" that states they have to exercise 3 days a
week for 12 weeks.  If they don't, then the contract is null and void.

I also included that they have to go "with a positive attitude" and not
complain !!!!!

Dx Type 1: June 1983
Pumping since 2/01/02