Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:36:38 -0800
From: Sheri Byrne <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Insulin requirements and pregnancy

I'm 19 weeks pregnant.  Prior to getting pregnant, my
basals and
were reasonably stable.  Over the past month, they've
been dropping
like a
rock.  My basals are down 50 % across the board, and
my bolus ratios
are up
between 30 and 50 %.  Since I expected that my insulin
would go
up, not down, I am really scratching my head here.  I
have had some
major morning sickness problems, could that factor
into this?  I was
diagnosed "Type 1 1/2" about 7 months ago.  Low, but
not zero
with some insulin resistance.  I think someone on this
list refers to
as "Type Weird" :-), and sometimes, it sure feels that
way !

On another note, my first post-pump HgA1c came in at
5.3, down from
9.6.  So
I am very happy to be pumping

Do You Yahoo!?