Re: [IP] Eye surgery

Has anyone heard that there are four signs for needing laser surgery for
retinopathy?  I was told that I have "dot and blot hemorrhages" in al four
quadrants of the right, small neovascularization and no NVD.  In the left eye,
there is neovascularization with dot and blot hemorrhages in all four quadrants.

The doctor said that the newest studies show that without some loss of vision or
other signs, the risk of laser treatment is greater than the benefit.  I will be
followed up in four months.

Since I go to a well know and very respected teaching eye institute, it seems
that they should know what they're talking about.  However, this is different
than what I have always heard regarding prompt laser treatment.

Anyone know anything about this?

Judi in MI