Re: [IP] problems with lows

I am not a pumper or a pump parent (yet).

Well, if the basals are set correctly and you are trying to avoid a spike and
then a low, well with injections, I might try a split dose.  Give enough to
avoid the spike and then check at what point the b.g. starts to rise again
(from lack of bolus).  At that point give the rest of the bolus/injection in
an amount/ratio that will prevent the low that is bothering you.

For large meals, especially dinner, I give a split dose of insulin.  I judge
if Gabe needs the whole second part (about a 75/25 split) by his number at
1.5 hours.

not a pump mom
how I would handle it with MDI