[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #87

In a message dated 2/3/02 10:34:58 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I woke up this morning to find that my left eye is red.  It looks like a
> blood vessel has ruptured, after I researched it in a medical book.  Is
> this something that I should let my doctor know about and is there
> anything that I should be doing to that eye at this time?  Also, is this
> common with diabetes.
> Thank you for your help!
> Jackie

You probably should go to the doctor and let him look on the inside of your
eye to see if the same thing is happening.  A lot of people have ruptures
like yours not related to diabetes.  Many things can cause them, like blood
pressure changes.  A rupture on the outside is not as likely to cause
permanent eye damage, but it can indicate another condition.  I wouldn't get
paranoid about it, but it would be a good idea to let someone see what's
going on there.