[IP] To pump or not to pump -- attn. Marion

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>

>I honestly am struggling to see how a pump will help my son.  His HBA1Cs
>been 6, 6.2, 5.9 and recently 5.8.  He eats anything he wants at meals (and
>mean anything) on the condition that I weigh it, account for its glycemic
>index and dose it.

Marion, maybe a pump WON'T help your son's BGs at this time. Whoever said
that EVERYONE must go on the pump??? If your son has good control on shots,
and HE's comfortable with it, injecting is a LOT cheaper!!!!

On the other hand if HE wants a pump, then he should have it -- he's the one
who has to live in a diabetic body, and he needs to feel as comfortable as
he can.

It seems to me that the basis for good diabetes management is YMMV -- we
should all be allowed to make our choices depending on what WE are
comfortable with.

That reminds me of the Type 2's who want pumps for a variety of reasons, and
who get told that pumps are only for Type 1's.

It's your son's life, and you and you should make the decisions as you both
feel comfortable with them. Don't be railroaded into anything, but if he
WANTS to pump, then I think this would be as good a time as any to try it.

Good luck!

Natalie ._c-