Re: [IP] Re: diligent diets (was glycemic index)

In a message dated 2/2/2002 11:49:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, email @ redacted

> Forgive me, Marion, but I don't know the details of your situation.  From
> your post it seems that you're very comfortable with taking care of Gabe on
> MDI. It sounds to me like it's Gabe who wants to go on the pump. That tells
> me that he's not happy about the current state of affairs. And very soon
> he'll be taking care of himself.  My feeling is the sooner you can teach
> him how to do it in a way that makes him happy the better.
> If he wants to try the pump I think you ought to give it a fair shot.  As
> he's doing so well on MDI the transition to the pump should be fairly
> simple.  Once you've both given it a fair shot Gabe can decide which
> treatment he prefers.  This is, after all, his

Well, in all fairness to Gabe, I am going to give it my very, very best try.
It was the doctor who pushed it; we saw a new endo; I asked one question
about Ultralente and he immediately went to the "pump".  I guess it was meant
to be.

Gabe hadn't mentioned anything, although he knows about the pump.  I guess if
he were taking a lot of extra correction shots, that would be different.

Thanks for your input, though.  I feel I have no choice but to go ahead with
a trial; I guess I should stop reading the horror stories on other
lists...they are really questions that parents send in about the pump, but
they sound horrible to me (site falling out; pump broken, etc).

Thanks for your input