Re: [IP] Re: sugar busters/glycemic index of foods

email @ redacted writes:

> As you can see, 15 grams of carb from an apple would contribue almost half
> the glucose that 15 grams carb from corn would and therefore requires about
> half the insulin.  15 gram carb from candy, cookies, cake, would contribute
> even more grams glucose.
> A carb is NOT a carb is NOT a carb.
> Using this system, fairly accurate meal dosing for mixed meals becomes
> quite
> understandable.  The system was developed by Ron Sebol.
> Not criticizing you; just asking you to be more rigorous about your
> statements about the glycemic index.

maybe this is a ymmv thing.
my endo and dietician both tell me a carb is a carb is a carb.
At one time i had specifically asked for training in glycemic index and got
the same responses.
I also have had no problem bolusing for carbs as if they were all the same.
It brings down my blood sugar and covers what i eat no matter what it is.  At
least it has worked well so far.
i'm glad what you do has worked for your child.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here