[IP] Fat Intake and Blood Glucose Highs

Just a question pertaining to intaking fat and high blood sugar levels

Sometimes my daughter will eat a bedtime snack of high fat tortilla chips
and cheese and will do a 'normal' bolus for the correct amount of carbs. Her
bg's two hours later are in target but then two to three hours after that,
her bg's are very high.  If you become more insulin resistant after
consuming a fatty food, wouldn't those bg's start to climb steadily from the
moment they were consumed as opposed to dropping to normal range and then
peaking suddenly?

We have started doing a dual wave bolus in this situation to prevent the
high bg's and it seems to be helping somewhat, although we're still
experimenting with the correct amount of time to extend the bolus..i.e. two,
three hours, etc. On a dual wave, do you give 60-70% of the carb count right
away, and then the remaining 30-40% over the next two-three hours?

Also wondered, what constitutes 'high fat' classification to warrant doing a
dual wave and not normal. Is there a percentage (approximate of course)of
total food carb count that would encouage one to use the dual wave and not
normal bolus type? I know everyone's different of course, but again, am just
looking for feedback.